Piitles - Tarina erään rockbändin alkutaipaleesta
- Published by Otava Publishing Company Ltd.
- Graphic design Mauri Kunnas, Mirella Mäkilä
- Reproduced by Aste Kirjat Oy
- Printed and bound by Otavan Kirjapaino Oy
- Paper Novatech 150 g/m2
- Typeface ABC Kunnas, Palatino
– The book you are holding in your hand is not a comic book but a graffic novel, Mauri Kunnas remarks in the foreword of his book. Piitles is akin to Kunnas’s early Nyrok City comic strips, anarchistic, succulently drawn and historically true. The story is full of amusing details, Beatles fans around the country and the world can’t wait for a sequel.
Kaisa Leka - Christoffer Leka
Expedition No. 3 - Cycling around Iceland
- Published by Absolute Truth Press
- Graphic design Christoffer Leka
- Photography and reproduced by Nicola Lönnberg
- Printed and bound by Bookwell Oy
- Illustration Kaisa Leka
- Paper Munken Polar 100 g/m2
- Typeface Aeronaut, Rondka
The comic book about the two authors on a cycling trip around Iceland is more a coming-of-age story than a sightseeing tour. Joys, pains and realizations of a slowly progressing journey, wisely paced with interleaves. Rain, wind, uphill ascends and blissful glimpses of the sun – the few people encountered become friends at once. A fascinating artistic whole, from its jacket, cloth cover and endpages all the way to the colors of Iceland and the route map in the back pocket of the book. Giro d’Islandia!